Sunday, February 05, 2006

Dance, Dance!



54 days until Spring Training...

But all I can think is...
"Dance, Dance!"

Damn you, Fall Out Boy.

I think I'm going to begin using this blog (Under My Skin) as my personal news outlet. I'll be updating my current events blog Starving American when I come across newsworthy public material to spout about.

Well, it's the end of another weekend. I decided to take Saturday off and get in some undercover time with The Beau. We've both been working a lot lately. Crankiness has ensued. I needed this, desperately. The director of my part-time job claims he comes in every Saturday, but I've never seen him there. Could I log that I worked Saturday, anyway? Would that be wrong? Yes.

I've been thinking a lot about my family, lately. Translation: I've been missing my dad a lot, lately. I still have too many emotional attachments. Photos, books, memories. I still want to crawl under the covers when I don't want to face what's really taken place. Maybe this is as much "progress" as one can make in 2 years. I still can't help but wonder what is expected when the one person you depended on most in life is gone? Do you garner replacement support from everyone else that will give it up? It doesn't seem fair to do that when I don't understand how I feel most of the time.

Moving along. I'm working late tomorrow night. Another 12-13 hour day. I'll be sure to take an extra long lunch. No one will miss me. Tuesday, I'd really like to check out some exhibits at the MCA. Man, I haven't been in so long. Was I more cultured when I dated artists? Probably not. I pretended to be. What a hipster.

Well, I guess I'll go watch some Super Bowl commercials. What an odd concept-all these people keeping the tube on for 3+ hours, care nothing about football, but instead want to catch a peek of the "clever" brainwashing corporate America brings us in the form of an advertisement. Scratch that. I'm going to make some Starbucks coffee and smoke some Parliament Lights cigarettes.
Cheers.

No comments: