Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Everybody Wants to Be Happy


Mortified. Selfish. Foolish. Weak. Alone.

I guess this is where I should explain:
I cried at work, yesterday. I guess there's a first time for everything. It's hard enough having the "sweet, young female office assistant" label. "Sweetheart." "Dear." "Honey". Now I'm the girl who cries at work. Everyone will tiptoe around my feelings, make me feel inadequate. Or maybe they'll realize everyone falls on hard times. Sometimes you just have to break down in order to get over how you're feeling. "Maybe she was just having a lousy day and couldn't control how she felt?" Nope, I'll be forever known as "the girl who cries at work." The token "softy" of the office.

Moving right along, I have a doctor's appointment, tomorrow. I'd rather be tied-down to the bleachers in Fenway Park and have a hot dog shoved down my throat...in full-out Yankees gear...than go to the gyno. I think it's more that I don't want to go alone. I need someone there to hold me tight, if it's serious, to tell me everything's going to be okay, to laugh with me when it's just "trapped gas."

Well, I'm going to watch my newest Netflix arrival,
Happy Endings.
Here's hoping my tomorrow has a happy ending.


Dan: Everybody wants to be happy.
Larry: Depressives don't. They want to be unhappy to confirm they're depressed. If they were happy they couldn't be depressed anymore. They'd have to go out into the world and live. Which can be depressing.

-Closer

No comments: