Friday, January 28, 2005

It's Just Like She's in Another World

I'm still trying to decide if I like the format of this new blog. Oh well...

I had a job interview yesterday at Dr. Meemar's office. I feel like it went really well. I'm frighteningly good at faking a sincere, professional attitude. While in the waiting room, I noticed three other applicants staring at the flat screen monitor trying to memorize the procedures, while flipping through the available pamphlets on chemical peels. The position was for a receptionist-come on,people..."nothing too cerebral". Anyway, I'll find out today if I'm employed or not. If so-free botox for everyone! Ha.

After the interview, I went shopping on State St. for a bit. Bought a new wrap dress, a few discounted tops, and a gaudy gold/turquoise/orange ring. Hey, does anyone else get tired of hearing that crazy, Bible-thumping freak wailing verses outside of Old Navy? Every time someone walks by with a cigarette he says the same line...I can't remember exactly, but it ends with him calling them a hypocrite. Like...what? As humans, we're all hypocrites. It's inescapable. If he's so bent on "spreading the word" in 9-degree weather all day-more power to him, but perhaps he should flip to Matthew 7:1 - "Judge not, lest ye be judged." (That's right, I looked it up.)

I think tonight I'm going to Pablo's for "guys' night". You know, the deal where they all sit around chugging beers and playing poker (or something?), in order to escape their significant others or prospects for an evening. But Kim, wouldn't you rather be sipping Cosmopolitans, ranting about how "men are evil", whilst flipping through back-issues of Vogue? Well, no. I've been disturbed by female behavior lately. Everyone is either getting engaged or crawling back to bastards that have mercilessly cheated on them, because "He really loves me. I just know it." ..someone needs a reality check. Not Kim Pike, no sir.

Alright, well I need to run to FedEx and mail my nephew's birthday gift (8 days late), then work on finishing Ulysses (for my Irish Lit. class), before lunch. Oh-and continue the apartment hunt, of course.

p.s. - I'm addicted to The Libertines first album, hence the blog title. It far surpasses the 2004 release.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi..puppy_duchess from livejournal...i live a block from the hancock building now. my studio includes all utilities, is reasonably priced, and is in a cute building. let me know if you are interested!

lacibash said...

Interesting article, added his blog to Favorites Hello, I do not agree with the previous commentator - not so simple

sapphic erotic lesbian stories said...

He would make presents for me,string wrapped around paper, bound into funny animal shapes he copiedfrom cookies. Hegets a serious look on his face and says Ill do this one for free.
free long adult sex stories
free adult erotic stories online
female dog sex stories
incest sex stories
secret masturbation stories
He would make presents for me,string wrapped around paper, bound into funny animal shapes he copiedfrom cookies. Hegets a serious look on his face and says Ill do this one for free.