Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I'm Not An Al-Qaeda Suspect, I Just Play One

Guantanamo Actors Held at Airport



The men, who play British inmates at the detention camp, were returning from the Berlin Film Festival where the movie won a Silver Bear award.

One of the actors, Rizwan Ahmed, said a police officer asked him if he intended to make any more "political" films.


I wonder if Clint Eastwood gets stopped in airports like this.
"So, Mr. Eastwood, you plan on making anymore cowboy movies about slingin' guns and killin' folks?"

Mr. Ahmed also alleges that he was verbally abused by a police officer and had his mobile phone taken from him for a short period.

The actor also claims that he was told by police that he could be held for up to 48 hours without access to a lawyer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Next they'll be sawing his head off on live TV.

Kim Pike said...

I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say...

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Ahmed Ahmed and I can't fly anywhere.